Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j102tx Leap Motion TS SE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have HP ENVY 17-j102tx Leap Motion TS SE ,  Product number:F2D12PA

It has default HDD in 1st slot ( 2.5 Inches ::  WDC WD10JPVX-60JC3T0,  5400RPM SATA ) and

in 2nd slot i have added 500gb SSD 850 EVO (Samsung).

Question: Now I want to replace 1st one with 2TB SSD Drive, so my question is will 2TB SSD work in this model ,along with already existing 1TB SSD in 2nd slot.?

Any Advise ?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Been around for a while. The 970 is an M.2 "gumstick" drive and your laptop has no slot for it. Stick with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. They make them up to 4 TB and that size would work as will 2 TB. No capacity limit. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JigneshDesai 

This machine probably is 5 or 6 years old by now. It was my loaner before. Anyway, you can use 2TB 2.5" SATA SSD on the first slot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thankyou Banhien,

Yes, Its old and only one in HP that came with 17" screen size.

I hope 2nd slot that already has 1TB SSD 2.5"  will not create any problem. 

and this is what i am planning to buy 

1. Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-76E2T0) Online at ...

OR

2. Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SATA 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-77Q2T0BW) Online a...

Hope both are compatible.   BTW which one is best speed performance wise? any advice ?

Thanks and Regards

JIGNESH

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just found that Samsung has new SSD

Samsung SSD 970 EVO | Samsung V-NAND Consumer SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website

Will this be supported on HP Envy 17 ?  

Please Advise 

Regards

HP Recommended

Been around for a while. The 970 is an M.2 "gumstick" drive and your laptop has no slot for it. Stick with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. They make them up to 4 TB and that size would work as will 2 TB. No capacity limit. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.