Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion EC-1050AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was planning to purchase the Crucial Ballistix SODIMM RAM kit for my PC. 

The model number I had my eyes on is this: BL2K16G32C16S4B

Reading through reviews on Amazon, I was warned to not buy if I do not have XMP, else the RAM will not run at the advertised speeds and run at something called JEDEC profile. I tried looking via CPU Z and the BIOS setup (F10 on boot) but I couldn't understand if I had XMP or not. Looking at the product description from the manuals didn't help either.

I just wanted to know if my PC can run this memory, and at its advertised speeds and latency, which is the primary reason I wanted to buy it. Here are some specifications of the RAM if required

CrazyM_0-1634407602593.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You cannot adjust the memory timings in the BIOS.

The gaming memory has faster timing specs than the standard memory and in many cases it won't work--definitely won't if you try to mix it with the stock memory.

I suggest you stick with the standard Crucial memory (with the green circuit board), and maximize the chances of it working--especially if you want to add it alongside the existing chip.

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT2K16G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

I intended to replace the stock memory with two crucial sticks for the pairing benefits some sites outlined. Is there still a very low chance of this working as advertised?

HP Recommended

Feel free to give it a try.

Unless someone owns your notebook's model series and sees your post, and can confirm the memory you want to buy is 100% guaranteed to work, it will be somewhat of a gamble.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.