cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Bernard_T
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet. I have performed the steps below to solve the issue:

- Uninstalled two window updates installed on Oct-16

- Performed a system restore by selecting a date before the updates

- Uninstalled the wireless driver and clicked on Action > Scan for hardware changes

However, can you please advise if I should re-install the windows updates - PFA screenshot?

screenshot.png

Thanks

Bernard

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,823 65,536 12,546 21,625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bernard_T wrote:

... However, can you please advise if I should re-install the windows updates - PFA screenshot?

@Bernard_T 

Why not ? It is much better to ask Microsoft, HP does not own Windows products. The note indicates you have to install all 3:

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Bernard_T
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Banhien,

Thank you for your reply. 

I installed the 3 updates and it went fine as I did not face any issue in internet connection.

However, may I ask if these Windows updates include drivers updates (for e.g. for Wireless and Ethernet Devices) ?

Best Regards,

Bernard

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,823 65,536 12,546 21,625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bernard_T wrote:

.. However, may I ask if these Windows updates include drivers updates (for e.g. for Wireless and Ethernet Devices) ?

@Bernard_T 

Normally no, but Windows updates now may include drivers from other vendors.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation