Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have question regarding my HP Spectre x360 15-ch0xx and the windows 10 1903 update. It does not seem to update due to a Bios problem and I just wanted to ask whether someone is aware of why that is or is having a similar issue with the update. Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After checking everyone's answer, there were varying from "the update is fine" to "the update gave me some issues". However, I myself have updated my device as for the detailed model up there. 

How to update BIOS?

To update the bios simply follow the following steps. Though check for the bios version before updating and be aware it can be undone if necessary. (rollback not tested) Simply search for "System Info" to learn about the BIOS version.

Step 1: Search for and open device manager.

Step 2: Under the name of the device find the "Firmware" and then un-collapse it, then right click on "System Firmware". The option of "update driver" will come up and simply click on update. (If for some reason you don't see it, then simply un-collapse where the name of your device is located and it will show you all the drivers.)

Step 3: It might ask you to restart after updating the BIOS thus do so. Proceed with going to windows update and download the offered version "1903". Give it a few minutes and the update will be installed then just follow the directions. It will also ask you to restart your device and do so properly. After that you are all set and you will be set to go.

So far I have not faced any issues with the update and I've been using my device for about a week now. Thus, for those with the same version you can proceed to update. To check whether your device is supported follow the link here and ctrl + F to find your device version. 

Overall, you are safe to proceed with the update in that case however, proceed with caution if you device is not supported. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm offered by update to 1903 for my Spectre x360 - 15-ch002nc (I have installed graphic drivers from Intel website, so I have the latest for 630 and Vega M GL), my BIOS version is F.25 (the one for 1809), I know there is F.31 but I still haven't installed it.....and I'm afraid to run 1903 update till some of us confirms it works....

HP Recommended

Yeah, I have been offered the same update but I have not updated it yet. I might not update it until I receive a confirmation from HP or other members being able to install it. Thanks for your response.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I have been offered the same update but I have not updated it yet.... the HP Spectre x360 has always been one of the best 2-in-1 laptops, featuring powerful hardware behind an elegant design.

HP Recommended

I have tried updating to 1903 twice now, and it is trashed (BSOD) my HP Spectre X360 15-ch0xx both times.  Avoid it like the plague!

HP Recommended

Hey I mistakenly clicked on the "Download and Install" button and now it is downloading. How do I stop it?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I downloaded hp assistant hoping it would help me but it didn't. now I hope I don't regret that. anyways I guess I'll just wait to see if HP fixes issues so that I can download the 1903 version for spectre

HP Recommended

Here we are at the end of August and HP has still not fixed or made any kind of comment on the issue. Glad their customer support is so good. I've tried everything I've come up with to try to install the update, but it won't take simply because HP has failed to keep the Bios up to date. 

HP Recommended

I have a detailed solution to the problem here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-1903-blocked-by-HID-...

I had the exact same error on the same laptop. and solved it by running Windows update trouble shooter. Downloading and uninstalling  and installing the Intel Display drivers (not using the support assistant), ...

HP Recommended

The detailed solution refers to the Windows 10 1903 Update being "blocked," which was not at all what happened to me.  I got the notification via Windows 10 Updater that the update was available, and the update downloaded and installed without incident.  My problem occurred after the update was installed--my HP Spectre X360 15-ch0xx would not completely boot up (BSOD).  I tried updating multiple times (even once while on the phone with HP Technical Support), and each time I got the same result (BSOD).  The advice I got from HP Technical Support was to NOT install the Windows 10 1903 Update!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.