Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

i need some clarification on the new requirements for the new  windows 10 ungrade. I read that some of the requirements that is that the hard drive needs to be 32 gb and a 2gb of memory for 64 bit. My windows 10 laptop is a 64 bit and includes a 1 tb of hard drive and 8 gb of ram. I know that I still have plenty of hard drive and ram left. I was just wondering if I would have any issues upgrading to Windows 10 1903.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear User the specifications of your PC are very good and if your CPU or processor is about 2 years old then it is enough to give you a superb performance on Windows 10 1903 for Gaming ( With dedicated GPU ). Productivity etc.

AS of the date of this answer Windows 10 1903 is not publicly released so when it becomes publicly available if HP wants then it may send direct update or you may recieve through Windows updates by default if your PC doesn't recieve any updates then after this month Go to Microsoft website https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 then install 

Annotation 2019-05-06 190236.jpg

Media creation tool under Create Installation Media  then run the program and choose under options to keep apps and data and if you're internet is fast then your PC will complete installation within 3 hours for sure just if it is a laptop then keep it connected to charger and during installation keep internet connected to have a great and smooth installation. well do it next month if your PC doesn't get it automatically. Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

@AbhiRocksYo thank you for your response. I just bought my laptop back in January and it seems I won't have any issues.

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.