Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-dw0415ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Support,

i install Windows 10 20H2 new on my system. Everything is working. Only the fingerprint don`t work. On the driverlist for my Notebook, i don't find the correct driver. Can everybody help me?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not release any drivers until the new versions of W10 have been released to market.

This is the latest driver for the fingerprint sensor and it says it is good for W10 v2004...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-dw0000-laptop-pc/26185492/swItemId/...

TITLE: ELAN Fingerprint Sensor Driver
VERSION: 3.2.12011.10010 REV: A PASS: 12

DESCRIPTION:
This package contains the driver that enables the ELAN Fingerprint Sensor in supported computer models that are running a supported operating system. The fingerprint sensor scans fingerprints for use with biometric security applications.

PURPOSE: Recommended
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp105507.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 81808932c82dc6e18c9fde480f70e5e0
SUPERSEDES: SP101932
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 07, 2020
CATEGORY: Driver-Keyboard,Mouse and Input Devices
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes

PRODUCT TYPE(S):
Notebooks
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP 15 Laptop

OPERATING SYSTEM(S):
Microsoft Windows 10 version 1909 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 version 2004 (64-bit)

LANGUAGE(S): Global

DEVICES SUPPORTED:
ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor

HP Recommended

Not work... Manual to install also dont work

Screenshot 2020-10-02 190329.png

HP Recommended

You'll have to wait then until the W10 October update is released to the public, and HP has time to release updated drivers on the support pages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.