Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Beats 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an unknown device listed as above and need help with locating drivers. Can someone please help me out.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @JamesBall 

Please take a moment and look at the bottom of your notebook.  

There you will see tiny printed text. Look for the ProdID and post it here.

The ProdID will be a very specific identifier for your notebook.

It happens to be something that we need in order to help you with your request.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @JamesBall 

I have zipped up and attached the driver file you need for that device, below.

It will work on any notebook such as yours that has an AMD processor and chipset.

Those are the only platforms on which you will find that device.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the ACPI\VEN_ASD&DEV_0001 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver will install.

Then restart the PC.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the setup information file, which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted.

[AMD.NTamd64.6.2]
; DisplayName Section DeviceId
; ----------- ------- --------
%AmdAS4.DeviceDesc% = AmdAS4,ACPI\ASD0001

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.