Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

what is the drivar name in device mangaer

HP Recommended

Human Interface Devices -> HP Wireless Button Driver

HP Recommended

hi

i have same problem

HP Recommended

@one dude with network card issues

Elevated command prompt. type this:

netsh winsock reset

restart your computer 

check if symptoms return 

HP Recommended

Downloading separately, unzipping to a folder and installing driver thru device manager fixed the error for me.

HP Recommended

hi

not working with me

HP Recommended

I have just installed a clean version of windows 10 home on another persons HP Pavillion laptop computer.  After allowing all of the updates to come through to my surprise the last remaining update was this HP one.  So definitely a problem affecting many HP PC's.  I dont mind a quick fix, and in a selfish way, I could say my computer is fixed so who cares about those still struggling.  But I cant be like that.  He are us all trying to find individual ways to fix this problem and I feel the majority of us havnt solved the problem.  I do belive that there must be thousands of HP computers affected by this problem and those not privvy to forums etc will not get a fix.  THerefore I have a strong opinion that this must be known by HP and/or Microsoft, and it should be their responsibility to find a solution for "ALL" for this problem.  So please Microsoft and HP please have a chat to one another and solve this.

HP Recommended

thank you its working

but Airplane mode button (f12) not working

HP Recommended

Bad News here...I have driver 2.1.8.1 installed now and comfermed.....My network card still keeps disconnecting intermittinly. Gess I will be calling HP tomorow as this laptop is only a week old.

HP Recommended

this link to download the update manual select windows version and install driver through device manger

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=hp+wireless+button

thank you Chris102

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.