Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4535s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've had several issues since upgrading to Windows 10. The disc drive is unresponsive when I press the eject button, it hangs when trying to shut down or restart, and it is missing two drivers, each for a "Base System Device".

PCI bus 2, device 0, function 3

Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&SUBSYS_168B103C&REV_30\4&2b9c640a&0&0328

PCI bus 2, device 0, function 0

Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_168B103C&REV_30\4&2b9c640a&0&0028

Also, the Bluetooth function isn't listed in Device Manger as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the driver for the base system devices.

The JMicron Media Card Reader Driver enables the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60769.exe

I wouldn't be able to help you with the other issues.

The bluetooth probably wouldn't work anyway, even if you got it to show up.  I don't think any of the wifi cards for your model had bluetooth 4.0.

The fix is probably not worth the trouble because it would involve reinstalling W7 again, and making sure the bluetooth is turned on before you upgrade back to W10.

Most likely it was turned off at the time you upgraded.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.

I tried to install the driver but it hangs at the end of copying files. I noticed it's a 32-bit program, would that be the cause?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The driver contains both the 32 and 64 bit files.

Try manually installing it as follows...

Go to the device manager.

Click on one of the base system devices (the first one listed).

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp60769.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

If it does, repeat the same process for the other base system device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.