Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4-1165dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day,

Unable to install Windows 10 64 bit on SSD. Getting INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

There is no option in Bios to change SATA to AHCI mode.

Please advise

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @vlviv,

Are you installing the operating system using the HP recovery discs\USB or Microsoft retail discs\USB?

I have checked the product specifications and the product is not tested or trialled with windows 10. So you have issues installing windows 10 on the PC.

Refer the windows 10 compatible products. Click Here

However, you contact Microsoft support for more assistance.

Also, These problems are generally due to one of two basic problems:

1) Failed hard drive
2) Corrupted/missing bootloader files

Check in BIOS if the hard drive is getting listed.

To boot into BIOS turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key you will boot into BIOS.

From the system configuration tab you can select boot options and check if the hard drive is getting listed.

If the hard drive is not getting listed in BIOS you can try reseating the hard drive only if you know how to do it.

Also, try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
Press F10 to Save and Exit.
Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the hard drive is still not recognized in BIOS. It could be the hard drive or hard drive connector on your laptop which could have gone faulty.

You can try running a hard drive test on your PC from F2 and check if it the hard drive is faulty.

Whenever the Hard Disk Short/Long DST test fails that indicates that the Hard Disk Drive has failed and that requires a replacement to resolve the issue.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Lastly, if the hard drive test fails, please contact HP support for service options.

Contact HP support using this link. Click Here

Hope to this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day.

Thanks for advise.

I was installing windows 10 64bit from USB with 2 new 4gb ram. I did not succeeded with that.

Removed both rams and placed one 2gb ram. Windows installed successfully...

Once it was installed i returnrd 2x4Gb ram and laptop does not want to start.

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE message coming on a blue screen.

As per manual this laptop maximum ram is 8 (2x4Gb).

Im not able now even to install windows 10 32bit system.

Also Bios was tried with default settings and with latest 27 firmware.

Please arvise.

HP Recommended

Good day.

Thanks for advise.

I was installing windows 10 64bit from USB with 2 new 4gb ram. I did not succeeded with that.

Removed both rams and placed one 2gb ram. Windows installed successfully...

Once it was installed i returnrd 2x4Gb ram and laptop does not want to start.

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE message coming on a blue screen.

As per manual this laptop maximum ram is 8 (2x4Gb).

Im not able now even to install windows 10 32bit system.

Also Bios was tried with default settings and with latest 27 firmware.

Please arvise.

HP Recommended

@vlviv,

Thanks for the update.

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). Also, Try running a system diagnostics test on the PC and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Also, as I suggested in my previous post as the product is not tested or trialled with windows 10 the product might not function correctly.

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.