cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
Johnny-L
Level 1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 11 Upgrade is ready!!!

HP Recommended
Laptop OMEN - 15-ek0022nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, less than an hour ago I received the notification that the upgrade to Windows 11 is ready and free.
Have any of you upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows Update for my notebook model or series itself?
Can I easily update or should I wait?

1 REPLY 1
Johnny-L
Author
Level 1
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MY REPORT UPDATE: Hello, I want to report an anomaly now resolved by myself: yesterday after waiting 3 days from the notification I updated my OMEN HP Notebook - 15-ek0022nl to Windows 11.
Everything went well, the system was 95% perfectly functional.
However, I immediately noticed some graphic anomalies such as the new tool widget appeared empty and then disappeared, Microsoft Team sometimes opened, sometimes not, multiple instances of the latter were created at the same time sending the fans to ball.
I did all the updates from Windows Update, HP Support Assistant (it didn't report any) but the cause was not found.
Later I found the cause of the problem in the Intel UHD Graphics graphics chipset driver and that some users had solved by installing the beta version 30.xxxxxx.
I went to look for the driver in question on the Intel site, finding a stable version 30.xxxxx compatible with Windows 11.

This version found on this page is not reported by Windows Update, nor by "HP Support Assistant", nor by "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" ... yet as soon as it is installed everything works perfectly.

Driver link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation