Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I install windows 11 on my HP elitebook 8470p?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have solution...

1. Click windows button and type registry.

2. Right click on 'Setup' (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/SETUP) and create a new key, and rename the key like 'LabConfig'. 

1st, right click on 'LabConfig' click 'new' and choice "DWORD (32-bit) Value" and rename 'BypassTPMCheck' again right click on "BypassTPMCheck" click 'Modify' Set Value Data 1. 

And the 2nd, right click on 'LabConfig' click 'new' and choice "DWORD (32-bit) Value" and rename 'BypassSecureBootCheck' again right click on "BypassSecureBootCheck" click 'Modify' Set Value Data 1.

3. Now go and unlink microsoft account from Windows insiders.

4. Restart your PC

5. After restart go link microsoft account from Windows insiders.

6. Select Dev channel if already selected go to update selection click on check for update.

8. Download this appraiserrer.Dll file👉 https://mega.nz/file/dK5XGQJJ#8n8x4sjC3J3W1g0O1nq3I903drgZ_9Ezxq3z_o3EoYo 👈

7. After 8% download go to appraiserrer.dll copy this file and go c drive show hide option and paste here $WINDOWS -BT/Sources.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you can't.

It does not meet several of the currently established hardware requirements to install W10.

Windows 11 requirements - What's new in Windows | Microsoft Docs

List of supported Intel processors for W11...

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors | Microsoft Docs

HP Recommended

There are workarounds which will let you install Windows 11. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to directly describe how it can be done.

Use YouTube and search for how to "install Windows 11 on any notebook".  That should provide videos which will explain how it is done. 

I can verify it is possible as I have done a clean install of Windows 11 developer edition on my older Dell latitude E5440, but I must say that the Dell has UEFI capabilities and your EliteBook does not.

Your older Elitebook may present a challenge since it was produced many generations before my Latitude E440 was. I suggest making an image of the current Operating System install to an external drive before attempting the installation.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Spoiler

Thanks for comment.

But I already installed windows 11 insider officially on my HP ELITEBOOK 8470p.🙂🙂

HP Recommended

I have solution...

1. Click windows button and type registry.

2. Right click on 'Setup' (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/SETUP) and create a new key, and rename the key like 'LabConfig'. 

1st, right click on 'LabConfig' click 'new' and choice "DWORD (32-bit) Value" and rename 'BypassTPMCheck' again right click on "BypassTPMCheck" click 'Modify' Set Value Data 1. 

And the 2nd, right click on 'LabConfig' click 'new' and choice "DWORD (32-bit) Value" and rename 'BypassSecureBootCheck' again right click on "BypassSecureBootCheck" click 'Modify' Set Value Data 1.

3. Now go and unlink microsoft account from Windows insiders.

4. Restart your PC

5. After restart go link microsoft account from Windows insiders.

6. Select Dev channel if already selected go to update selection click on check for update.

8. Download this appraiserrer.Dll file👉 https://mega.nz/file/dK5XGQJJ#8n8x4sjC3J3W1g0O1nq3I903drgZ_9Ezxq3z_o3EoYo 👈

7. After 8% download go to appraiserrer.dll copy this file and go c drive show hide option and paste here $WINDOWS -BT/Sources.

HP Recommended

i Did manage to install windows 11 beta on my HPx360 but not all features were available weirdly i did somehow found some Windows 11 beta Free Activation keys from mysoftwarekeys 

now i have a full activated windows 11 with all its features

guide and free product keys to activate the Windows 11 Beta

https://mysoftwarekeys.com/windows-11-pro-product-key

HP Recommended

Hi, Yes you can install Windows 11 on an HP PC. Check Windows 11 system requirements first and then follow this step by step guidance https://dailytechpakistan.com/how-to-download-windows-11/

TechTalkwithAsmat
HP Recommended

I'm just curious if anyone is experiencing the same ongoing issues with Windows 11 that I am.  I just purchased a new HP Envy x 360 Convertible with an i7 processor and great specs.  Since I've upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 my computer is no way near stable like it used to be Windows 10 and has crashed at least 3 times today.   I'm thinking it may be time to switch back to the more reliable Windows 10 64bit.

HP Recommended

I'm just curious if anyone is experiencing the same ongoing issues with Windows 11 that I am.  I just purchased a new HP Envy x 360 Convertible with an i7 processor and great specs.  Since I've upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 my computer is no way near stable like it used to be Windows 10 and has crashed at least 3 times today.   I'm thinking it may be time to switch back to the more reliable Windows 10 64bit.

HP Recommended

Hi! Someone get a video tutorial how to install Windows 11 in my Hp Elitebook 8470p or Another guide ..??  Thanx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.