Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP laptop Spectre x360 in 2017. I wish to update Windows 10 to the newest Windows 11. Using the PC Health check, it seems ok except for my processor. My processor is Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz.

Is there a solution? Can it be updated? I am heavily dependent on my laptop, and it is not cheap, so I am hoping this problem can be solved.

Kind regards

Sam.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, your notebook's processor is not a supported processor to run W11 according to the Microsoft processor list below.

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

The solution is to bypass the W11 hardware check.

If you want to try out W11 on your PC as is, let me know and I will give you two easy ways to bypass the hardware checks and you will be able to retain your currently installed programs and files, as well as a way to go back to W10 if necessary, after the default 'go back to W10' period expires. 

I think that grace period is something like 10 days.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.