Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 M6-AQ103DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop (HP Envy x360 M6-AQ103DX) has IR cameras for Windows Facial Recognition but when I head over to the settings to turn on Windows Hello I would get a message that "Windows Hello isn't ompatible withyour device". I got to know that this specific model has IR capabilities for Windows Facial Recognition from the User Manual provided by HP (for the HP envy x360 M6-AQ1xx series).  

To show the IR camera is present on my laptop. Taken with camera of my own laptop.

Please check the user manual and the same components are marked as IR camera for 'Facial Recognition'.

User manual Screenshot.JPG

NOTE: I have updated all drivers and Windows up-to-date.

Please tell me what shall I do. Is there a missing driver or may be something else which HP hadn't yet solved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pritam21,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

After reading your post, I did go through the product specifications and found that your PC did not go with Windows Hello software. This clearly indicates this could the reason why it is not supported. I hope I have tried to answer your question. 

Let know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI @pritam21,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with Windows Hello not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you make any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did this happen after an recent update?

Did you check in device manager if the IR Webcam driver is correctly installed?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

For now please uninstall the webcam drivers from device manager:

• Right-click on start> left-click device manager>expand imaging devices>right-click on the Webcam driver and left-click on uninstall.
  • Please check the box that says delete the software4 for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios,chipset and Webcam drivers from http://hp.com/drivers  after selecting the country. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update it.

Then setup Windows hello on your computer by following the steps from this link: http://windowsitpro.com/windows-10/how-configure-windows-hello-windows-10 please note that this is a third party link. Do not click on any ad, link, download or image. Don’t click anywhere on the screen. Only follow instructions and screenshots provided.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a splendid week ahead.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yesterday I called HP customer care and asked about the same issue and they after checking about this specific model told me that , this specific model doesn't comes with IR capabilities. According to the representative the model which I have has "HP Wide vision webcam" and not the IR based webcam.

Then please tell me that is the informtion given by them right or was it a mistake. As according to the user manual the 2nd and 6th component are the IR lights and IR camera respectively , and the same components are also present on my laptop webcam part too (images of the webcam part provided above). Or is the user manual wrong or are those components on my laptop something else, if something else then why is it labelled on the user manual like that. (It confuses ).

Also I have tried the method which you suggested but the installation just terminated by popping up a mssage "Could not detect Intel Real Sense 3D camera on this system F200".

HP Recommended

Hi @pritam21,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

After reading your post, I did go through the product specifications and found that your PC did not go with Windows Hello software. This clearly indicates this could the reason why it is not supported. I hope I have tried to answer your question. 

Let know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Plesae could you check my new question that I have posted on HP Forums.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-Wear-just-after-calibr...

I really need help with that. Sorry for typing the message's content too long .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.