Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having an Issue with my HP 27 es monitor, while contacting to HP customer service and researching the solutions here. Hp Website kept telling to update windows, and some other threads with HP employees were pointing to update the software. So I did, then after restart, my Working laptop stopped  booting to Windows, with showing blue screen and "WHEA" ERROR. Most of threads were pointing to go to safe mode, or reinstall Windows with external Flash drive. Laptop did not boot to even safe mode, tried repairing windows from troubleshooting screen, also reinstalling the windows as well. All possibile solutions were made I think. Won't work. Seems like hardware issue according to the code. Also ran Hardware system Test through Diagnosing menu. Showed Hard drive did not pass I think. But I can see my files through cmd line notepad.exe. I have no Idea how HP laptops and Microsoft do not cooperate. Hoping to find help here! Now I have double trouble,  Monitor and $1500 Laptop which is basically cutting board...

System Info shows only 8GB of RAM where my laptop was originally 16

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bk010

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Bk010

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Echo_Lake, Thank you for taking the time to help me to resolve the issue. I tried to download the cloud manager tool to make USB flash drive, did not work. On the recovery tool, it says Product ID is incorrect. I tried all different ways to put it with # and without #. it just does not recognize. I went BIOS sys info to double-check my Product Number. It is the same as at the bottom of my Laptop. So That's why I could not proceed further. I read some threads as well, seems like no other way to do it. But maybe you know better than all of us. Thank you very much, looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

HP Recommended

@Bk010

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available recovery media shipping options. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there. @Echo_Lake I would like thank at first you and rest of the HP team who helped me to resolve this issue. I have contacted HP Customer Service through phone call and got Experienced Tech Support guy, who listened to me and gave me the opportunity to explain. After explaining everything he suggested me to ship recovery media, before I told him that you suggested it to me here. So he did send it with expedited shipping, which came next day! I just did the recovery from this USB recovery Media, and I am very happy now. BUT, Unfortunately my Laptop showing only 8GB of RAM which originally it was 16GB. Do you think one slot of RAM is faulty and gone? 

Also, Could you please help me now with monitor ISSUE? 

Basically, it started to switch modes from HDMI 1, to HDMI 2 and VGA after couple of minutes of running. it turns on it detects everything but switches the screen to different mode and keeps changing until either will stop at my working screen and stays for a minute or so, or just goes to sleep. Also, when it works sometimes more than 5 minutes, if try to press any button on OSD it will start the same switching habit. so now, I even can't press buttons. 😞

I have tried to factory reset while buttons were working, tried update drivers, update Windows and BIOS (which lead my Laptop to previous issue). Nothing is working. it just switches modes automatically either its connected to HDMI or not, I even tried to connected to Amazon Fire still did it after 5 minutes of running. What can you guys suggest? if it is hardware issue, which component needs to be changed? It is HP 27es Monitor. 

I would Really appreciate your help. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Bk010

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.