Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,
I recently received an HP mouse, HP Keyboard, and corresponding USB dongle. The problem is that the keyboard and mouse refuse to connect to the dongle. From what I can tell, the dongle works (blue light flashes when plugged in, drivers download as expected), the mouse works (laser works and responds to movement), and I have no reason to believe that the keyboard does not work (though it has no indicator lights or power switch) as they are unused and straight from HP. Batteries are new as well. I've tried plugging it in in all of my available USB ports on multiple laptops to no avail. The pairing process should be to hold the blue "Connect" button on the bottom of the mouse or keyboard for 5-10 seconds, then the dongle will display a blue light indicating the synchronization. This does not occur. The mouse has the model number MG-0982, the corresponding USB dongle has model number RG-0983 and from what I understand came from HP with the mouse. The keyboard is model number KG-1061 (I actually have two of these keyboards).
Any help with this baffling situation would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
tect

P.S. I assume the "Notebook Hardware and Upgrade Questions" board is meant for other questions, but I couldn't find a board that closely related to this problem. Apologies in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TectonicHorizon 

Sounds to me like you have a BlueTooth mouse, not WiFi -- as the flashing blue light means the mouse is in PAIRING mode.

You have to go into settings to complete the pairing.

On your Windows 10 device PC, click Settings > Devices > Bluetooth. When your device appears in the Bluetooth window, click it, then click Pair. Click yes to confirm the passcode matches on both the device and the computer. Wait a few seconds while both devices are paired. You can also use the Bluetooth device pairing wizard to connect your devices.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Perhaps I wasn't abundantly clear in my original post. The dongle blinks a blue light when connected to the computer itself. The mouse has no such light. Also, if you look up the model number of the mouse, it is not a bluetooth mouse, nor is the keyboard. Therefore, neither mouse nor keyboard even has a pairing mode.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.