Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Zbook 15G3
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Say, if I browse the website, the dock compatibility sheet tells me that Zbook 15G3 is to use dock P5Q58AA, but it is a bit expensive. 

Surfing the net, I found P5Q58UT#ABA that seems very, very similar in specs and model number and at half the price...is it compatible with 15G3?

Thanks,

gsal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 Mobile WS model and am using the dock P5Q58UT#ABA with it and I am sending this reply from it with the dock attached. Have a 4K and FHD monitor attached to the 2 DP ports on the dock. The power cable from the dock to the computer is unique to the Zbook as far as I know. It is a two-headed thing with a standard power jack right next to a USB-C plug. 

But in any event, I can confirm the dock you want to buy will work fine.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 Mobile WS model and am using the dock P5Q58UT#ABA with it and I am sending this reply from it with the dock attached. Have a 4K and FHD monitor attached to the 2 DP ports on the dock. The power cable from the dock to the computer is unique to the Zbook as far as I know. It is a two-headed thing with a standard power jack right next to a USB-C plug. 

But in any event, I can confirm the dock you want to buy will work fine.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.