When a go to a higher elevation (at least 5,000 ft above sea level) a few keys stop working, including the left side Tab and CTRL keys. The only way to fix it is to go to a lower elevation, pressing the keys does nothing and the keyboard test results state those keys are not responsive. I have rebooted and that doesnt help. How can I fix this?
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Did you run a Keyboard test from F2 Diagnostic?
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Keyboard
If the Test fails please contact HP Support in your region for service options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".