Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
elitebook 820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a refurbished elitebook 820. My adapter has a short next to where u plug it into laptop. I just got a replacement which is exact hp part no (608428-002) as the adapter I had before. Problem is I got it from amazon and the pic showed an adapter with an L-shape , so I thought that's what I was getting. It works but I'm afraid that since it is not L-shape the same problem might occur again. I'm making this post to find out if hp makes an L-shape adapter that is compatible to my laptop. ps. I know that I have windows 10 but I assumed it was 64 bit...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you look on eBay, all of the genuine HP adapters with that part number have a straight connector not an L-shaped one.

608428-002 | eBay

The illustration on Amazon must be incorrect.

HP Recommended

Amazon has what''s being advertised as a replacement part for part # 609940-001, it's from a brand called Austin. Would u trust it? I'm worried about spoiling my battery n even worser my laptop, but it is L-shaped...

I am talking about a refurbished Elitebook 820 n it came with hp part # 608428-002

HP Recommended

Personally, I would never buy a generic power adapter.

I would much prefer getting a used but tested and working genuine HP power adapter on eBay.

Buying them new from HP cost a lot of money.  Plus you have to buy the cord and adapter separately.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.