Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
elitebook 820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a refurbished elitebook 820. My adapter has a short next to where u plug it into laptop. I just got a replacement which is exact hp part no (608428-002) as the adapter I had before. Problem is I got it from amazon and the pic showed an adapter with an L-shape , so I thought that's what I was getting. It works but I'm afraid that since it is not L-shape the same problem might occur again. I'm making this post to find out if hp makes an L-shape adapter that is compatible to my laptop. ps. I know that I have windows 10 but I assumed it was 64 bit...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you look on eBay, all of the genuine HP adapters with that part number have a straight connector not an L-shaped one.

608428-002 | eBay

The illustration on Amazon must be incorrect.

HP Recommended

Amazon has what''s being advertised as a replacement part for part # 609940-001, it's from a brand called Austin. Would u trust it? I'm worried about spoiling my battery n even worser my laptop, but it is L-shaped...

I am talking about a refurbished Elitebook 820 n it came with hp part # 608428-002

HP Recommended

Personally, I would never buy a generic power adapter.

I would much prefer getting a used but tested and working genuine HP power adapter on eBay.

Buying them new from HP cost a lot of money.  Plus you have to buy the cord and adapter separately.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.