Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a HP Elite book 8530w

can I add 16 gigs of ram and can I change to 64 bit it now has 32.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is it the following machine ?

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2008/siggraph/ds_elitebook8530w_mobileworkstation.pdf

If Yes, it only supports

1. DDR2 SDRAM, 800 MHz, two slots supporting dual channe l memory, 1024/2048/4096 MB SODIMMs, up to 8192 MB total.
  2.  It is a very old machine but from the above specs, it supports 64bit Windows.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is it the following machine ?

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2008/siggraph/ds_elitebook8530w_mobileworkstation.pdf

If Yes, it only supports

1. DDR2 SDRAM, 800 MHz, two slots supporting dual channe l memory, 1024/2048/4096 MB SODIMMs, up to 8192 MB total.
  2.  It is a very old machine but from the above specs, it supports 64bit Windows.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
It looks to be updated to windows 7 ultimate
Intel TM 2 do cpu
Ram 4 GB
32 bit
Product ID 00426 -OEM-8992662-00010
I want to load Solidworks 2016 and it requires 8gb ram and 64 bit
What will be the fastest 64 bit unit?
Thank you very much for your help
Knute
HP Recommended

@knutebeck wrote:
..... What will be the fastest 64 bit unit? ....

Hi,

As menioned in 1 above. Fastest (a) won't work or (b) only works at the above speed.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
I'm sorry
I don't know about these things.
I don't understand (a) (b) is the 8192 mb my best solution? And is this the 64 bit?
I'm sorry to bother
Thank you again
HP Recommended
This is the machine below.
I ordered a SLB48 Intel core 2 Extreme X9100 3.067MHz 1066hz socket p processor. Hope this fits.
I need to add ram and don't know how to tell if it's 200 or 240 pin. Could you please recommend, I need a minimum of 8 gig.
Thank you for your help as I don't know these things, as you can tell
HP Recommended
It is this machine. But I'm confused on the ram that fits. Don't know if 200 or 240 pin. I need a minimum of 8 gig but 16 may perform better, do you agree?
HP Recommended

Hi,

It won't support 16GB and for RAM, please read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO-DIMM

No laptop RAM has 240PIN

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Thank you sir you've been a large help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.