Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15 - bs059od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After recent 2021 Windows 10 update, DVD's won't play on my HP built-in DVD RW drive.  HP Laptop 15 - bs059od.  It was working perfectly before.  Now it plays music cd's but not DVD's, just starts clicking away trying to read the disc, then even Explorer stops working.  Tried compatibility settings with Windows 8, 7 xp et al, nothing works.  Windows update took away my DVD program, and the ability to use my purchased DVD player (came with the Laptop), The DVD player program 'disappeared' with updates some time ago, was using Cyberlink which came with the HP Laptop, but now won't open DVD's.  

Tried regedit, nothing!  Please help!

SpanishEyes
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

So, what you are writing is that your DVD software is gone?

If so, try the HP Cyberlink DVD software from my skydrive folder that I have shared the link to below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=ote3bA

Download, unzip and run the file labled sp75514.zip.

You can also use the free VLC DVD software from the Microsoft Store.

Get VLC - Microsoft Store

HP Recommended

@El_Cid2018 

If what @Paul_Tikkanen has provided doesn't work, try the original software: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-bs000-laptop-pc/15551412/model/1856...

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your earnest attempt at helping me with this issue.  Unforntuanately the solution didn't work.

SpanishEyes
HP Recommended

Thank you for your attempt at helping me with this DVD, windows 10 fault.  The solution you offered, however, didn't work.

SpanishEyes
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.