Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 250 G7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop Hp 250 G7 Notebook PC was bought  two month ago.I recently found  out that my laptop battery is Draining Fast which seems unreasonable,  Once i fully charge my laptop and unplug it, i discover that it begins to drain at an alarming rate which is quite unusual. it last for up to four hours when i first bought it now it hardly lasting for an hour.

That was the reason I suspect my battery may have problems, therefore could you please help to advice on what to do ?

Looking forward to your favorable reply soon.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tosinxx007 

You said the battery work fine when you first used it.  Was this only for a few days? Or was it for several weeks on end?

While it's unlikely a new battery is already failing, You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10. as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much @WAWOOD  i generated the battery report as you suggested , but i observed that the design capacity of the battery is about  41,753  but now the full charge capacity is now 36,752. please what is your advice on what to do to improving the battery life closer to the design capacity , or on what to do in general. Thanks in anticipation , hope to hear from you soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.