Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavillion dv 6700

Hello,

My hd died on my Pavillion dv6700.

The drive that died is WD1600BEVS.

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 160GB 5400RPM SATA 1.5Gbps 8MB Cache 2.5-inch Internal Hard Drive Mfr P/N WD1600BEVS

I would like to upgrade to a bigger & faster drive.  Will this drive work? 

I have this drive already and don't want to install it until i know that it is compatible.

Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gbps 16MB Cache 2.5-inch Internal Hard Drive Mfr P/N 9HV144-022

Thank you!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes you can use that drive. No problem. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes you can use that drive. No problem. 

HP Recommended

Thank you Huffer!

I decided that while I'm at it, I should upgrade the RAM as well.  I have 2g total now of:

Samsung M470T2864DZ3-CE6 DDR2-667 1GB SODIMM

Can I replace with this kit?

Crucial 4GB Kit (2GBx2) DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) CL5 SODIMM 200-Pin Notebook Memory Modules CT2KIT25664AC667 / CT2CP25664AC667

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC2-5300-Notebook-CT2KIT25664AC667-CT2CP25664AC667/dp/B000PMGZDO/ref=...

Thank you,

Chris

HP Recommended

Yes. From the Service Manual:

Supports up to 4 GB of system RAM

And that is the right kind. 

HP Recommended
Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.