Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp laptop 7r8r21ui ( motherboard 82f6)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have an hp laptop with an 82f6 motherboard and when I looked for it I came to this site https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c05254568 , but I came out that it was the motherboard of a pc and not a laptop, I was interested in knowing if I could update my components in the same way that appears there. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Chaskone ,

Please rephrase your question.  Unless you are more specific, what you want to do isn't clear.

Which components are you asking about?

HP laptops must be identified by use of an HP product number or product name, not by an motherboard designation.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
sorry for not specifying it, the components that I want to update are (ram, processor, ssd)
product number:
LAPTOP-7R8R21UI
HP Recommended

The motherboard ID 0x82F6 is listed alongside laptop and desktop series in this driver compatibility list:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77760.cva

The laptop processors in this range are built on to the motherboard; however there is a good chance you can upgrade the RAM and SSD.

HP Recommended
thank you very much for the information what I would like to know is if I can add a ddr4 ram memory and how many mhz because now I have a 4gb 800mhz ddr3 that information I cannot find it
HP Recommended

Hi Chaskone,

As Erico mentioned we would need more information (product number or product name) in order to give a more accurate answer. This should be written on the underneath of the laptop.

HP Recommended
ok I already put it above, I suppose it is this: LAPTOP-7R8R21UI. is that what you mean? because I put it earlier.
what i saw under the laptop is:
Product: X7T78UA # ABA
Model: 15-ba009dx
HP Recommended

I have found the servicing guide for this model: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227786

HP Recommended

My processor is amd a6-7310 apu, can I only have 8gb ram? 

HP Recommended

I believe the section we should be looking at is HP Notebook PC models with AMD A12, A10, A8, A6, E2 processors

According to HP Part Surfer the motherboard is a UMA version.

In the column for UMA, A6 there is a tick for these details:

Two non-customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots

DDR3L-1600 single channel support

DDR3L-1333 single channel support

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM

Also for the hard drive: Supports 6.35-cm (2.5-in) SATA hard drives in 9.5-mm (.37-in) and 7.0-mm (.28-in) thicknesses.

You could fit a 2.5" SATA SSD in the laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.