1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

can't find bios to uninstall on windows 10

HP Recommended
hp 17-g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bios need to be uninstalled because its not compatible with windows 10

HP Notebook Bios can't be uninstalled because I can't find it in programs or apps. 

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
29,544 29,453 2,684 6,484
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JamesBop77 

First off, the BIOS code is NOT part of Windows.  That code is firmware that is inside a chip soldered to the system board.

Second, you can't remove the BIOS code; instead, you can only replace it -- and you generally can not downgrade it to an older version of the BIOS.  Without the BIOS code, the PC can not start up.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
127,920 118,098 19,212 29,375
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @JamesBop77 

You can find all of the BIOS updates on your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g121wm (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

If you click on the latest one listed (F.54) and then click on the Previous Versions link, you will be presented with all of the previous BIOS updates for your PC.

It appears you can roll back to any one of them.

One note of caution...updating/downgrading the BIOS is not without its risks and you could make a bad situation worse, up to and including irrevocably destroying your notebook.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation