Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr1012dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Bought HP ENVYx360 - 15m-dr1012dx and installed windows 11 and it is activated but can not find biometric devices in device manager and Windows Hello fingerprint reader , face recognition are unavailable and cannot even change my pin. Will be glad to receive a feedback to solve this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HP ENVY X360 - 15m-Dr1012dx Support Portal

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-15m-dr1000-x360-convertible-pc-series/29126493/model/29...

Drivers

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-dr1000-x360-convertible-pc-series/29126...

For the fingerprint sensor give installing the driver a shot.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111297.exe

It is worth your while to use Windows update to see if the are more hardware drivers available.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks. i downloaded the fingerprint driver and installed from the link but still not working and the first two links i cant find drivers for windows 11 and biometric device is still not showing. 

HP Recommended

Did you try installing the Synaptics fingerprint sensor filter driver found at the same driver page?

I do note that on a search that this issue has been unresolved for ours and other laptops from Ja. 2021.

You can try the Lenovo or Dell versions of the Synaptic Fingerprint sensor driver to see if they work. The driver will either work or it won't. Trying it will not cause any harm to  your hardware or OS.

Do a search online with Windows 11 Synaptic Fingerprint sensor driver as your key words. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Will that work if biometric devices is not showing in device manager?

HP Recommended

I downloaded and installed and yet still fingerprint is still unavailable at sign-in options

HP Recommended

In that case I will have to say that your Synaptics fingerprint sensor is just not supported in Windows 11 at this time.

If you go to the Synaptics website and look for drivers, you could get lucky. Don't hold your breath on that.

You don't have much choice other that to wait until it is or upgrade to a notebook that has full Windows 11 support.

HP Recommended

Okay thanks a lot. I am also having a problem with disappearing cursor where the touchpad stops working and i need to restart the computer several times before it comes back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.