Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently connected an HP thunderbolt G2 docking station to my laptop. It was used and passed on to me. The dock would allow for the display ports to register and be functional but all the USB ports were not recognized. I also have yet to see the HP logo in the system tray allowing for initial setup.  I followed other Resolutions on here on how to update the firmware for the docking station where i had to go through the BIOS and change security setting for docking station. After accomplishing this and installing updated firmware i now have functioning USB ports on the dock but the displays no longer function. It wont allow me to detect them. I have since then updated all drivers for the laptop and the monitors and the dock (yet again) and even used tools and applications for HP like the HP PC docks and displays diagnostics. The only information I have to go off from now is the following:

device:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15EF&SUBSYS_0467103C&REV_06 was not found

this is a error code from the HP PC docks and displays diagnostics tool. All drivers show up to date and unless i need to revert i cannot figure how to have functionality of the displays AND the USB ports with this combination of laptop and dock station. I am tempted to get a different dock but figured i would try here before i spend the money.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Trunks74 

Please re-install Thunderbolt driver(s) on the following link.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Hardware/message-id/683527

Which dock do you use ? I'm using HP USB-C 840 G5 dock for my 840 G5 machine. You need driver for Thunderbolt dock G2.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have issues with this docking station too. I bought mine from the HP online store one year ago.

I get the same error code as you, but my problem is, that the dock can't display the full 4K resolution on my dual monitor setup. I updated the firmware to the latest version, and it solved my problem for one day. Now I got the same issue again. On the one monitor I can only choose FullHD as its maximum resolution, and at the other one I can only go up to 2K. I can't run both monitors on 4K resolution simultaneously. It is very frustrating.

I updated all drivers over the HP Support Assistant app, and I updated the firmware  of the docking station to the latest version as you over the PC Docks and Display Diagnostic Tool.

My Laptop: HP ProBook 445 G7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.