Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df1xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey there all.. I saw another thread but it was locked.. so I wanted to post a solution to this issue.

I rebuilt my wife's laptop and after a fresh install of windows had an unknown device call "detection verification" listed in device manager.

More Detail: Problems with driver {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification

I used HPs driver detect system and their download and install assistant that found one missing driver: Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver - sp113852

After the installation, the error was gone and I'm all up and going.  I hope this is useful to others.

Cheers

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @AirgunWeb 

Glad you were able to resolve the problem.

However, the unknown detection verification driver can also be due to missing the Audio driver.

Solved: Detection Verification DRIVER - HP Support Community - 7908362

Solved: Detection Verification Driver Could Not Load - HP Support Community - 6692791

Solved: Need Following Drivers for HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cu0013TX W... - HP Support Community - 7883...

So, there can be more than one solution to the problem.

Thanks for letting us know it could also be due to the missing Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @AirgunWeb ! 

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device. ‌‌

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem. Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Regards, 
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @AirgunWeb 

Glad you were able to resolve the problem.

However, the unknown detection verification driver can also be due to missing the Audio driver.

Solved: Detection Verification DRIVER - HP Support Community - 7908362

Solved: Detection Verification Driver Could Not Load - HP Support Community - 6692791

Solved: Need Following Drivers for HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cu0013TX W... - HP Support Community - 7883...

So, there can be more than one solution to the problem.

Thanks for letting us know it could also be due to the missing Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the additional information.  After finishing up things, I believe you need to to do both the thunder bolt and the RealTek drivers to completely solve the problem.   It's all going well now and I'm looking forward to getting it finished.

Thanks.

Rick

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Rick.

HP Recommended

The solutions that you provided with those links do not refer to Windows 11.

Since Microsoft has 'pushed' Win11, we're stuck with trying to find side door drivers for devices that are identified by the computer.

HP Recommended

So, then you will have to try the W11 Realtek audio drivers from the PC's support pages or reinstall the latest W10 audio driver and hope it works.

If not, then I don't have any other suggestions for you.

Not providing any info regarding the affected PC's is of no help to anyone.

The point I was making is that the detection verification unknown device is installed by the Realtek audio driver, regardless of what operating system one is running.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.