Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am getting a code 12 message saying their is,nt enough space to install some of my drivers,in device manager ,can you please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kingpin300800

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there's an error msg - 12 on device manager and you are low on storage,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you recently install any updates or interrupt them during installation as such?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? and did you attempt a system restore to fix it?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Issue/Cause: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Solution: 

To resolve this error code, disable or remove one of the devices that is involved.

Click the Resources tab in the device properties to manually enter the settings, or replace the device with one that is Plug and Play compatible.

For low storage or disk space, 

Follow the below steps: 

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure. 

• Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following: 

• powercfg hibernate off 

• Enjoy your extra space! 

Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@kingpin300800

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there's an error msg - 12 on device manager and you are low on storage,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you recently install any updates or interrupt them during installation as such?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? and did you attempt a system restore to fix it?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Issue/Cause: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Solution: 

To resolve this error code, disable or remove one of the devices that is involved.

Click the Resources tab in the device properties to manually enter the settings, or replace the device with one that is Plug and Play compatible.

For low storage or disk space, 

Follow the below steps: 

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure. 

• Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following: 

• powercfg hibernate off 

• Enjoy your extra space! 

Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi Riddle_ Decipher,

I have automatic updates on on my windows 10  home version 1703. also i did try a  system restore.

HP Recommended

@kingpin300800

Thank you for the information,

It's great to have you back 😉

I appreciate the details, however, did you perform any of the steps I had suggested earlier?

Have you been able to create the extra storage space on your PC?

I'm eagerly waiting for your response,

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes did the suggested steps and was able to install device, thankyou

HP Recommended

@kingpin300800

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

Does this mean the issue is now resolved?

If yes, I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.