Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-ac153tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey ,im having HP notebook model-number=14-ac153tx

i have upgraded my ram and hdd and i just want to know does my laptop support new upgraded  processor.

like im having 

General information Type  CPU / Microprocessor

Market segment Mobile Family Intel Core i3 Mobile

Model number    = i3-5005U

CPU part number  =FH8065801884006 is an OEM/tray microprocessor

Frequency =  2000 MHz

Bus speed = 5 GT/s DMI

Clock multiplier = 20

Package 1168-ball micro-FCBGA

Socket BGA1168 Size 1.57" x 0.94" / 4cm x 2.4cm

Introduction date January 5, 2015

and i want to upgrade to 

Type CPU / Microprocessor

Market segment Mobile Family Intel Core i5 Mobile

Model number  = i5-5287U

CPU part number = FH8065802064011 is an OEM/tray microprocessor

Frequency = 2900 MHz  Maximum turbo frequency 3300 MHz (1 or 2 cores)

Bus speed = 5 GT/s DMI

Clock multiplier = 29

Package 1168-ball micro-FCBGA

Socket BGA1168 Size 1.57" x 0.94" / 4cm x 2.4cm

Introduction date=January 5, 2015 

1. does this laptop supports  new  processor (mentioned ) or is it sealed that i can not change any processor .?

2.if i can upgrade my processor then mentioned processor is okay with my socket and other requirements.?

thanks 

hoping for earlier reply .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No the processor is soldered to the motherboard. When you see ball micro as the socket you know it is a processor designed to be soldered to the motherboard not inserted into a socket. Almost all laptops are made that way these days. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No the processor is soldered to the motherboard. When you see ball micro as the socket you know it is a processor designed to be soldered to the motherboard not inserted into a socket. Almost all laptops are made that way these days. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.