Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 notebook pc

My son has  a pavilion g6 notebook laptop, I know this is an older laptop but does it have a card connector or an express card connector. As the laptop doesn't have  usb 3.0, he needs to be able to connect an external device for this but I am aware that it only works if the laptop has an express card connector.....please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gizmo04 

What is your Pavilion g6 for example HP Pavilion g6-1105ee, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02872274

The above machine does not have Express card slot. By the way, I did test few Express card - USB 3.0 adapters 5 or 6 years back. They did not hive good results. Just wasting money.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

How would I find out , I went on device the device manager and i just said system model was hp pavilion g6 notebook pc. 

Either way I take it you wouldn't recommend the external express card adapter?

Thankyou for you reply, I appreciate it

HP Recommended

Under version it says Build 19041 would that be it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.