Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-am042tx

I have my notebook model 14-am042tx i was thinking of upgrading the graphics of this laptop from r5 m430(inbuilt dGPU) to an eGPU gtx 960.I want to use EXP GDC beast v8.0 please help me with these two questions as i can't get over them..

1. I have been reading a lot about bios whitelist issue will exp gdc ngff cable be supported by the bios or due to whitelisting it  will not??(Bios vF.34 Jan 11 2019)

2. Has anyone tried it before does this method work in HP laptops as i can't find enough info on internet or YouTube.

You guys are awesome please help me with this.THIA

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Comp_enthusiast 

The following link shows specs of your machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05221026

It does not have port which is fast enough to use eGPU.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Exp gdc is set up by replacing the wifi card in the machine and many people have done this.I just wanted to ask if my machine would be compatible with exp gdc setup specifically. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.