Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G60-230US Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Dear HP Forum, I can't get my built in webcam CNF7047 to work on my HP G60-230US. The laptop was purchased with Windows Vista, but upgraded to Windows 7. I have noticed a problem with the Program file on my hard drive that may explain the problem.

Also, it doesn't appear my on-board webcam software is properly installed on my laptop.

Here's the info on my hard drive for the webcam:

-------------------------------------------
C:\Program Files\AVAST
Software\Avast\gui_resources\default_av\WebCam.js

Error message:

Windows Script Host

Script: C:\Program Files\AVAST
Software\Avast\gui_resources\default_av\WebCam.js

Line: 2
Char: 1
Error: Sintax error
Code: 800A03EA
Source: Microsoft JScript compilation error

-----------------------------------------------

Please tell me what to do. JC

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

AVAST is antivirus software -- and that has nothing whatsoever to do with a webcam working or not.

You will need to contact the AVAST vendor to get support for issues with their product.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.