Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-28-2022 10:28 AM
Me and my partner used the laptop before bed as we usually do, we placed it on charge in a designated location as the battery was very low. next thing it happened was that we woke up to the sound of an explosion and the strong smell of smoke, I looked over and found that the laptop was releasing a lot of smoke and the carpet of our flat was completely burnt under the laptop (parts of the laptop are now ingrained within the carpet) I grabbed the laptop, placed it in a fire safe location.
Moreover, Me and my partner were struggling to breathe, as well as my young son who was in the Livingroom at the time. at 4:02am we were just lucky the explosion woke us, otherwise it could be a very tragic story. the Laptop didn't show any warning of battery malfunction and due to the lack of information on behalf of HP we are not sure if this battery was recalled.
Does anybody have any advise as to where to go with this issue or point me in the right direction for this? would be much appreciated.
12-28-2022 02:20 PM
Welcome to the HP Community Forum.
This is far outside of the purview of the Community.
I will forward your concern to the moderator team.
Request for Review – Please Read
A request has been submitted to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.
- Our Community is a peer-to-peer user group.
- We are not HP Technical Support -- We are not associated with HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not guarantee HP will respond nor does our request influence the outcome.
- The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.
- Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
- Please do not post any personal information in the Community. We are a public resource.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community