Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion dv 1000
Microsoft Windows XP

i had a hp pavilion dv 1000 its a old one and its hard drive is dead so i bought a new hard drive from online and i connect with the connector and installed but its not showing on setup screen please help me any one i spend all my pocket money to buy tha hard disk

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Tell us about the hard drive you bought. This is an ancient laptop and uses the older PATA or EIDE hard drives. 

hard drive picture from Manualhard drive picture from Manual

The connector plugs over a set of brass pins on the hard drive and you need to be sure the connector is over the pins right. PATA/EIDE drives are hard to find now as they have not been made in years and it is not inconceivable you got a bad one. 

Post back with any more questions. 

HP Recommended

hi huffer

if i change the connector there is any chance of working

please  huffer please help me

is there any external usb case for these type of hard disk please tell me

HP Recommended

The hard drive is pretty easy to get to. Yes there are PATA external usb drive cases. I have one in my closet somewhere. You still have not said where you got the hard drive. I have a drawer full of PATA hard drives that are pretty useless to me now. Wish I could just send you one but shipping to India is a bit expensive. 

HP Recommended

I bought this from Amazon (2.5 inches pata laptop hard drive)After windows setup completion this screen is coming please get rid of problem huffer pleaseAfter windows setup completion this screen is coming please get rid of problem huffer please

HP Recommended

Will you please send me those i will pay for the shipping charges

HP Recommended

Looks like the system is detecting the hard drive but there is a problem with it. Again you do not tell me where you got it. I am not sure how we can work out reimbursement for shipping. I know I have a couple 60 gig 7200 rpm PATA drives in my collection that are new old stock I have had for several years. Your disk may just need to be formatted. How are you installing Windows to it? Does it show up in the BIOS? 

HP Recommended

Huffer I will tell you what exactly happened my laptop has old broken hard drive so I bought a new hard drive from online then I opened the back panel of my laptop and I removed the old ones and installed the new on and I started bios process it comes up to entering of product key but electricity is gone in our area then after coming of power again I started bios process then format 100%completed setup 100%completed after that the above mentioned pic which I send the same screen is appearing when ever i tried bios process the same screen is appearing after 100% setup completion please help me huffer please

HP Recommended

What OS are you installing? Can  I see a screen shot of the BIOS? What size is the hard drive?

HP Recommended

I am installing Windows xp it's 40gb hard disk

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.