Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
MINI 5103 hd TO ???
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

might seem strange to some but my HP Mini 5103 has been great... and slow.  Atfrom EB this point I would like to upgrade the computer just a little by purchasing from Amazon or EBAY another HP (or some brand) that my existing hard drive will fit into.

This is what I have now: 320GB SATA hard drive - 7,200 RPM, 2.5 inch form factor, 9.5 mm height -

Thanks everyone!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @jEEP2624 

It should fit most Laptops and some Desktops.

Watch out for low-profile laptops, they may use a 7mm drive and the 9.5mm may not fit.

REO

HP Recommended

Hi,

I guess it depends on what you mean. Do you want to add the drive in the new PC to access files and data? In that case, it probably would be a better idea just to transfer all the files and data to the new PC.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+to+sata&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I mean, a new PC will probably have much more space than the old one. It might also be difficult to find a new PC with room for two drives unless you get one with M2 SSD and place for a 2.5" drive.

Do you want to replace the drive in the new PC with your drive and have the new PC boot into the OS which was on the old PC? There might be some problems with booting the OS on the new PC as the drivers will be different. Some new PCs might also have difficulty to run Windows 7 (which also is losing support soon).

In any case, you should probably clone the old drive to the new drive anyway as it will be more secure for the data and if you are looking for speed, choose a notebook with an SSD.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.