Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15-ed1000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I am unhappy that HP continued to sell an inferior product with a known defect and that I did not properly research the HP ENVY x360 Convertible PC before I purchased it in Nov 2021.  I went to open it a few days ago and the left hinge broke, parts fell out, and display is separating. It is a personal use laptop, never been dropped, does not travel with me, never opened up more than at a desktop angle.  I did not extend the 1 year warranty, although I am reading it does not cover hinges.   I expected it to last me a long time, it replaced a 15 year old MAC.  HP repair estimate $300.  Best Buy estimate $350-$500.  I will not invest any money into a repair of an inferior quality manufactured product.  Reading countless complaint reviews about HP known defective hinge issues.  I think HP should own up to this issue and take care of their customers.  I will not be a repeat customer with this type of quality product and poor customer service.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @GailMcX,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to assist you.

I see that there is an issue with the laptop hardware and may need repair.

The support on the HP community is currently available within certain constraints. We are striving to enhance our assistance and broaden its scope. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

The private message was to open a ticket.  That was already done and cost explained in original email.  Please escalate for HP to cover the cost of the repair of their own manufacturing defect. 

HP Recommended

Hi @GailMcX ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a hardware repair.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out as it requires advance support or repair.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.