Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
3QM21EA
FreeDOS

hello Dears ;

i would like to  check can we replace below (4GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)) installed in the notebook with HP 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Laptop RAM PC4-21300 260pin SODIMM with no compatibility issue

3QM21EA    HP 250G6 i3-7020U 15 4GB/500 PC

Thxs

Noha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are two slots and the manuals says it has DDR4-2400 bridged to DDR4-2133 meaning it downclocks to run at 2133 speed. 

Manual

I am skeptical that DDR4-2666 is going to work correctly. The Manual does not say whether it will and there is no way to know for sure but to try it. You cannot harm the computer by trying the -2666 memory. Best case, it downclocks to 2133 speed, however. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There are two slots and the manuals says it has DDR4-2400 bridged to DDR4-2133 meaning it downclocks to run at 2133 speed. 

Manual

I am skeptical that DDR4-2666 is going to work correctly. The Manual does not say whether it will and there is no way to know for sure but to try it. You cannot harm the computer by trying the -2666 memory. Best case, it downclocks to 2133 speed, however. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer for your help & reply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.