Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
8560w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i am attempting to upgrade my ram on my hp 8560w.  but when i took the keyboard off, there is nowhere to install the additional modules.  please see picture.

is there a part i need to order or do i need to replace the motherboard to accomodate the two additional modules of 8gb of ram(each) that i want to upgrade to.

IMG_8051.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is correct.  The models with the dual core processors only can take 2 x 8 GB of memory.

I recommend you cancel your memory order unless you want to go through the expense and hassle of replacing the motherboard, processor and heat sink.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see the service manual below.  Your mobile workstation must have one of the dual core processors.

Chapter 1, page 2.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03424153-1.pdf

You need a quad core processor, and a quad core motherboard in order to have 4 memory slots.

HP Recommended

so i just ordered 4 sticks of 8gb of ram.  i should now cancel that order?  so, my machine will only support 16gb of ram?

HP Recommended

That is correct.  The models with the dual core processors only can take 2 x 8 GB of memory.

I recommend you cancel your memory order unless you want to go through the expense and hassle of replacing the motherboard, processor and heat sink.

HP Recommended

thank you so much paul!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.