Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1036nr
Microsoft Windows 11

can someone tell me where i can find a 90 watt hp dc in -cable part #79974 singatron. i am having issues with when i plug in and then move the cable it shorts out, so i thought i could find a new cable, on amazon they have 100 watt dc in cable can i use that one? also my machine has the original battery i thought i would replace it while the machine is apart, any thoughts?

thanks Kingpin300800

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good day,

The cable issue sounds like a nearly shorted pin in the cable. 

Since you have the laptop apart, compare it with this one I found on Amazon.com. The S part simply means Singatron. Make a very close comparison before puling the trigger on the purchase.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Replacement-Pavilion-799749-S17-799749-Y17/dp/B07P8HQJYC

If you have been noticing significantly shorter mobile use times when on battery, it would not be a bad idea to replace the battery. Do take care of the dc-in cable issue first.

Here is the Maintenance & Service guide. (battery- ch 3, pg 17, item 18)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c08289069.pdf

The HP battery description and part number is:

(3 cell, 41 Wh)                L11119-855 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Good day,

The cable issue sounds like a nearly shorted pin in the cable. 

Since you have the laptop apart, compare it with this one I found on Amazon.com. The S part simply means Singatron. Make a very close comparison before puling the trigger on the purchase.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Replacement-Pavilion-799749-S17-799749-Y17/dp/B07P8HQJYC

If you have been noticing significantly shorter mobile use times when on battery, it would not be a bad idea to replace the battery. Do take care of the dc-in cable issue first.

Here is the Maintenance & Service guide. (battery- ch 3, pg 17, item 18)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c08289069.pdf

The HP battery description and part number is:

(3 cell, 41 Wh)                L11119-855 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks Erico be safe

Kingpin300800

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

i got the new battery in and the DC in cable but computer won,t boot up when i push power button, the side light comes on white then goes off, any suggestions

kingpin300800

HP Recommended

HI Erico, 

also when i plug in charger the light is orange showing that it is charging battery

kingpin300800

HP Recommended

It would seem that there is a system board charging circuit issue. 

That is probably the end of the line for your system board, unless you know how to troubleshoot failed components and know how to remove and replace them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.