Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
notebook-energy star
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp storage reached maximum. Possible to add HDD or SD card to increase capacity?.

Will new data be able to bypass C Drive and store in HDD/SD and

what is the command to computer to switch from C drive?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lee67

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the complete laptop name and model number.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hp notebook-14 ac100na[Energy Star]

serial number  5CG5380TKF

[RMN]Model Number   TPN-1119 or 1120 [as appear on the setup instruction]

Possible to zip my C Drive to create more space? As the hp will not interact with my HDD [250GB]and SD Card[512GB], both the 2 additional ext-devices have been rendered impotent.

My technician says that this model cannot have memory added-the 29GB is fixed to the mother board.

HP Recommended

Your tech is correct. Its a 32 gig eMMC module and these inexpensive Cloudbook laptops have been responsible for way more than their share of issues here on the Forum. Frankly, they are more trouble than they are worth but I have written a Knowledge Bas article on how to deal with the limited space. Very few users are willing to do what is necessary to make these things useable and some retailers now refuse to sell these laptops with only 32 gigs storage. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.