Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
shannel Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp stream notebook 11 windows 10 space help

HP Stream Notebook - 11-d010wm
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

while trying to download and update to windows 10 i keep getting stopped at  Note enough space, its saying i need 5GB of space. my RAM is only 2GB. does this mean i cant get windows 10? or must i get an external hard drive? 

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
14032 1327 3147
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp stream notebook 11 windows 10 space help

shannel

First of all, you're confusing memory with disk space.  The Win10 Upgrade typically needs 20GB of disk space, and as your laptop most likely has only a 32GB drive, it has nowhere near enough space to do the upgrade.

Second, the 2GB you mention is system memory, which is totally unrelated to disk space.

Personally I would advise strongly AGAINST doing the Win10 Upgrade, as it is a LOT of work and even when that's done, folks have complained about later, not being able to apply the Cumulative Updates, and there is a BIG one coming out the beginning of August!

Here is a link from somone with a similar model who did perform the upgrade: How I was able to install Windows 10 on HP Stream 13 (32GB S... - HP Support Forum - 5179626

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation