Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Upgrading an HPE-150t. About to replace the 6GB of RAM with 16GB of RAM. What should I upgrade the power supply and the graphics card to to match increased performance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pp2347

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and understand that you have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-150t Desktop PC and you plan o upgrade the memory to 16 GB. You would like to know what is the power supply and the graphics card you can upgrade to in order to match the performance. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I did some research nd found the product specification for this PC. You may upgrade to any one of the following graphics card:

• Radeon HD4350

• Radeon HD4650

• Radeon HD5350 (Evora) (1 GB)

• Radeon HD5570 (1 GB)

• GeForce GT220

• AMD Radeon HD4850

• nVidia GeForce GTX 260

• ATI Radeon 5770 (1 GB) (Includes 460w active PFC PSU)

It is not necessary to upgrade the power supply unless specified by the graphics card. Few graphics card may require a power supply upgrade and will specify the power requirement. Presently, I see that there is a 350W power supply.

You can view the hardware specification and the motherboard details from the below links:

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@pp2347

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and understand that you have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-150t Desktop PC and you plan o upgrade the memory to 16 GB. You would like to know what is the power supply and the graphics card you can upgrade to in order to match the performance. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I did some research nd found the product specification for this PC. You may upgrade to any one of the following graphics card:

• Radeon HD4350

• Radeon HD4650

• Radeon HD5350 (Evora) (1 GB)

• Radeon HD5570 (1 GB)

• GeForce GT220

• AMD Radeon HD4850

• nVidia GeForce GTX 260

• ATI Radeon 5770 (1 GB) (Includes 460w active PFC PSU)

It is not necessary to upgrade the power supply unless specified by the graphics card. Few graphics card may require a power supply upgrade and will specify the power requirement. Presently, I see that there is a 350W power supply.

You can view the hardware specification and the motherboard details from the below links:

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Are there any more powerful graphics cards that are compatible?

HP Recommended

@pp2347

Thanks for replying. 🙂 There may be better graphics cards but the graphics card list I provided are the ones tested by HP. 

Feel free to reach out to us for any further questions. Take care! 

HP Recommended

Would a EVGA 600W 100-W1-0500-KR power supply be compatible?

HP Recommended

@pp2347

Hello. 🙂

The power supply mentioned by you should work fine. However, I tried to gather more information on the power supply manufacturer's website but the power supply wasn't listed there. Yiu may click on the manufacturer link which I was looking at: http://hp.care/2hYZnHV.

Hope this helps. Wishing you Happy Holidays!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just installed an EVGA 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply. What is the best graphics card that I can get to accompany this uptake in power. I am also upgrading to 16GB of RAM.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.