Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1046nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since you can't adjust the memory XMP profile in the BIOS to accommodate the faster timings, buying performance or gaming memory is a bit of a gamble.

Best to stick with the standard memory that HP installed.

This kit you posted would be what I recommend you buy.

Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 3200MHz CL22 (or 2933MHz or 2666MHz) Laptop Memory CT2K16G4SFD832...

HP Recommended

what do u mean by that?

so if i upgrade the ram i will even get less power from what i have now ??

i have not enough thats for sure and

i can feel that when editing videos 

or other programs that use lot of  ram 

and for gaming the only issue is i feel like my laptop is working too hard when gaming while letting webs opened at the same time 

so if i upgrade to 32gb ? it wont help?

HP Recommended

That is not at all what I wrote.

I simply gave you the link to the memory you should buy and why you should buy that memory instead of the Ballistix memory.

It has nothing to do with which memory is better. 

It has to do with which memory is most likely to work.

Where in my statement did I indicate that installing 32 GB of memory would slow down your PC, or it wouldn't help?

I said that the Crucial Ballistix memory has faster timings (16-18-18-36) than the standard memory (22-22-22) that your notebook was designed to run, and you can't make any adjustments to the memory timing/XMP profile in the BIOS which means the Crucial Ballistix memory may not work.

Crucial Ballistix SODIMM 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Gaming Memory (Black) | BL2K16G32C16S4B | Cru...

The Crucial memory with the green circuit board is the equivalent type of compatible memory that HP has currently installed in your notebook.

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT2K16G4SFD832A | Crucial.com

Now, if you want to install the Ballistix memory and see if it works, that's your decision.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.