Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Everything had been running fine until I got to the:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then I got the message Ive attached a screenshot of.

thanks againError.jpg

HP Recommended

@miltaryman,

Please try these steps to reset the Windows Modules Installer service to see if this will resolve the issue:

1. Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog, type or copy/paste: services.msc and hit enter.
2. Scroll down and double-click: Windows Modules Installer.
3. Set its Startup type to Manual.
4. Click OK.

NonSequitur777_0-1659648419783.png

[EDIT:] If this doesn't work, right-click ”Windows Modules Installer” and hit Start.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

It was already set to "manual", so I right clicked & hit start, and then copied n pasted "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" into a NEW dialog cmd box again but got the same error message.

HP Recommended

@miltaryman,

My bad: Windows 7 does not support the DISM commands. Instead, you can download and run the System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft and use it to scan your system for potential problems and fix them.

Please note: you’ll need to download/run the right version of the Readiness Tool. The latest available version is: “System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [October 2014]”, as seen below in the screenshot. Download that version from here: Microsoft Update Catalog

NonSequitur777_0-1659677768698.png

So, let's try this again.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Unfortunately on my system, when I click on download it just opens a secondary window with about another 30 downloads. 11.jpg

HP Recommended

@miltaryman,

Yea, as Captain Haddock would say, quote: "[doggone] Blisterin' Barnacles!" -let's forget about DISM.

Back to CMD, right-click on Command Prompt and 'Run as administrator'.

At the Command Prompt, type or copy/paste: chkdsk /r /f and enter.

Upon: "Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)", type in Y and enter.

Restart your laptop.  There should be a countdown of sorts -don't touch your mouse/keyboard, after which the CHKDSK command is going to scan and fix any errors.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Ok that worked.

Im assuming there would have been some type of notification had there been an issue, correct?

HP Recommended

So after doing all the procedures you tutored me thru we cleared up 20GB of space. I went from having 6GB available, to 26GB..!

Running significantly smoother, including better streaming.

I was considering the SSD you recommended and found a similar Sandisk, but Id like to see if you agree its a similar/good choice.

It seems to have better reviews, but Im not certain it has the same characteristics as the one you recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072R78B6Q/?coliid=I3V31SIUI5QG16&colid=3CRZ4M8K2FT43&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig...

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@miltaryman,

The SanDisk is an excellent brand, can't go wrong with that either.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your time and effort.
I couldn't have done this without your help!
I'll let you know if those (2) X 8 GB RAM sticks work out for me once I receive them in the mail and install them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.