Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
dl380p g8

Hello,

I'm a newbie regarding system administration so please be patient with me 🙂

We have 3 HP ProLiant DL380p Generation8.

I've made a bootable USB with windows server 2016, attempting to install it locally, configuring the BIOS boot order to start with USB, confirmed the USB is enabled (legacy as well), rebooted and nothing happened, the USB was completely ignored.

I've tested the USB on a regular PC with configured BIOS and it worked just fine.

I assume there's a tool I'm supposed to add to the bootable USB or some driver on the server itself? Either way haven't found any info on that.

I must be missing something very obvious, however I've literally wasted over 24 work hours trying different configurations and browsing user manuals with no success, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I've also attempted to connect the server to our network, however it didn't communicate with my dhcp at all. Even setting the IP manually with the correct subnet mask didn't help, and I still don't understand when will it start being accessable, since all it shows me when attempting a network boot is attempts to contact dhcp with no success over and over again.

My prefered method would be to install it with the USB, but if you have other suggestions I'm open to it.

If you require any further information please do ask.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HPE Community Support Forum -- DL Servers section...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.WdtzVeRe69I

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.