Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 14-al105ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All what I need to know is Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB M.2 SATA Internal SSD (MZ-N6E250BW) matches my pc ?
My pc info is :
1/model: HP pavilion 14-al105ne
2/HP support team told me :
your pc supports a 256-GB, M2.2280, SATA-3, solid-state drive supporting triple-level cell (TLC) and a 128-GB, M2.2280, SATA-3, solid-state drive.

My main concern about SSD model is : it is V- NAND, however as per as HP support team my pc supports TLC
So, now I need to know with clear answer is this SSD can be work smoothly on my pc or not ?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

It will be fine. TLC is just the kind of M.2 HP installs at the factory. The 860 Evo M.2 will fit and work. You are just going to have to take my word as there is no official HP spec that says this but I have installed M.2 SSDs in several HP laptops and never had an issue with a SATA M.2 including Evo 860. 

HP Recommended

got it, thank you so much for your help 

HP Recommended

you told me it is fine, and i ordered the ssd , but i tried to set it up, where ?! there is no place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 5.04.23 PM.jpeg

HP Recommended

That happens sometimes. No way to know in advance. The Manual says that is an M.2 slot but somehow HP does not always solder an actual slot there. I guess I assumed you had already opened it to look, and you said Support had told you that you could put an M.2 into it.  

HP Recommended

they told me that, and at another post i asked the sma question without telling you that they told me any, and you sent me picture for helping set it up and you assured me it is fine 

HP Recommended

I have no way to know what models have the slot and which do not. I had the same thing happen to me trying to upgrade an HP laptop recently. Found the prior post you refer to. Please acknowledge I wrote this:

I would open the laptop before ordering, however, just to be sure the slot is present. 

I can give advice all day long and if it is not followed I guess I am not doing anybody any good??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.