Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

:smileysad:hey..

i have just bought a new laptop HP PAVILION 15,two months back..

suddenly the entire column of the keyboard "1qaz`" esc key,tab key, caps key,shift, and ctrl key has stopped working..

when i hard press any of the key for 10 15 times, all the keys start working fine for some time.. as soon as i AFK for 5 mins.. same problem repeats.. 😕

i am using windows 8.1pro.. and all drivers are up to date..

does this affect?

any solutions please??

and the warranty doesnt include the keyboard replacement or anything..

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the steps given below you may try these steps.

1) Please go to device manager click on keybord and uninstall the driver then restart the unit. Once driver is installed have it checked.

2) Try to update the Bios from the HP website.

3) Go to command prompt type the keys and have it checked.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

hi..

thankyou for the quick reply..

i just uninstalled the keyboard driver and it asked me to restart the laptop at the same time.. i clicked YES and automatically my driver was installed as soon as i got back on the desktop..

its working fine for now..i hope it remains the same.. 🙂 i never updated the bios.. its was just the keyboard uninstall and restart thing !!

thankyou once again !!

HP Recommended

hi..

it was working fine yesterday.. now i am going through the same problem..

nothing has been spilled over my keyboard..i have 2 protectors on it.. one is the plastic in between the keys and other is the rubber protector on the whole keyboard..

please i need help on this 😞

HP Recommended

Hi

Try to update the Bios on the unit and have it checked. In case this does not work i would request you to call HP technical support and get the unit serviced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi,

We're having the same issue with the HP Pavillion.

the 1qaz keys have failed in this 2015 machine.

We've deleted and updated the drivers.

We've updated to the latest BIOS

Any further ideas?

Thanks

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.