Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-ce001ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

some keys such as q and = have stopped working completely whereas other keys ranging from numbers of 6-9 and 0 , spacebar , ctrl , f , h and many others fluctuates between working and not working.. i asked hp support near me to clean but they pointed out that the hardware was the issue not dust.. i want to confirm this and if so how do i replace the keyboard, will 15-ce keyboard work for this laptop? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The keyboard is not sold as a replacement part. You have to replace the whole top cover and it is a major project. Are you no longer under warranty? Was the keyboard tested in a pre-boot environment? Some recent Windows 10 updates are known to cause keyboard issues. 

HP Recommended

no im no longer under warranty, i did follow all other methods to see if OS was the issue but didnt seem so.. the problem started early November of last year when q stopped working and my space bar key sank, then the rest of they keys stopped . after an hour or so the rest of the keys started working again but q is permanently gone. the other keys still are not fully functional

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.